Stamp passports and hiking badge app
Even more hiking fun in the Stubaital
The Stubaital is a true hiking paradise with an almost limitless hiking network through the Stubaital and the Stubai Alps. An unforgettable experience in nature is guaranteed, because regardless of fitness, endurance and experience, the Stubaital offers something for everyone. The hiking badges and stamp passports for the Seven Summits Stubai and the nature sites guarantee even more rewarding fun.
You can get the stamp passports in ourdownloadsand from Stubai Tyrol Tourism Association offices, or you can collect hiking badges with your GPS-enabled mobile phone using the free SummitLynx smartphone app from within the region. As soon as enough points have been collected, the respective badge will be unlocked and you will receive a ‘real’ badge or corresponding gift, just like you do with the stamped passport.
This is how it works:
- Search for SummitLynx in the ‘App Store’ or ‘Google Play’, install and launch the app.
=> SummitLynx via Google Play
=> SummitLynx in the Apple Store
- In the menu under the item ‘Hiking badge’, you will find the goals that have to be reached to earn the badge. You also have an overview of where you have already been, how many points you have already collected or how many are still missing.
- Take a hike! When you reach your destination, simply launch the app and enable GPS (if this is not permanently enabled). You can check in by clicking on the plus sign (check in) and selecting the suggested destination. Entered in the tour book, you can take a photo and collect your achievements in the chronicles (name of the stamp site, date & time). You can also link and share the goals you’ve achieved with Facebook so that your friends can see what you’ve achieved straight away.
- It’s fine if you don’t have Internet at a certain point—just enable your GPS and enter the tour at your destination. This will be uploaded as soon as you’re back online.
- You can also edit the entries later at www.summitlynx.com! There you will also find detailed instructions with a video as well as FAQs.
Redeem hiking badge:
As soon as enough points have been collected, the respective badge will be unlocked and you will receive a ‘real’ badge or corresponding reward in a Stubai Tyrol Tourist Association office, just like you do with the stamped passport. A ‘Redeem’ button appears in the app when you achieve the hiking badge. To receive the ‘real’ hiking badge or the respective gift, this button will be enabled with you in the office.