Flying at the Elfer
The Stubaital has always been known among pros for the good thermal conditions and the unique thermal lift. With the Elferlifte cable cars, gliders reach the starting point for their flights both fast and comfortably. The Elfer is equally popular as a training area and among sportive pilots.
Flight schools offer courses for beginners and advanced gliders at the Elfer. Pamper yourself with a special treat and enjoy the Stubai mountain world from above on a tandem flight.
Information for para- and hang-gliders
- Pilots flying in Neustift for the first time as well as guest pilots who do not have a briefing ticket for the current year are asked to register at the office of the “Parafly” flight school – otherwise no flight permission will be granted! Please also show a valid flight permit (valid: Austria: basic permit; Switzerland: SHV Brevet; Germany: A-permit, B- permit; Italy: training confirmation; other nations: valid training proofs) at the flight school.
- No liability for the transport of chutes or for starting, landing and flight accidents; this also applies to third party damages.
- The fee for transporting chutes is € 2.00 per chute and transport.
- Please only use the marked take-off and landing strips as well as the flight route specified in the briefing. If the warning system of the cable car operator announces a general flight ban (e.g. due to weather conditions, a helicopter approach, etc.) new flights may no longer be started, and airborne pilots must immediately commence landing.
- Speed flying forbidden!
- Off-area landings outside the marked landing sites can result in intrusion complaints and are subject to fines of up to € 40.00.
- Take-off and landing areas are to be kept clean.