CLOTHING / EQUIPMENT
Weather conditions can change quickly in the high mountains. Therefore, all competitors must wear or carry in their running backpack the following clothing and equipment. We will carry out mandatory checks on the start line and at the control points. Competitors who do not have all of the items listed below may be subject to time penalties or disqualification.
- Closed trailrunning shoes with plenty of grip on the sole
- Running backpack
- Waterproof rain jacket
- Warm clothing (top and trousers / running tights) as an insulating layer between the outer clothing and the skin
No skin should be visible when wearing these layers!
- Gloves and woolly hat
- Working headlamp with spare batteries (not required for STUBAI K32, STUBAI K20 and STUBAI K8)
- Food supplies with your name and race number written on every single item of food packaging
- Cup to take drinks at the refreshment stations
- Water container with a volume of at least 1.5 litres.
(1 litre for the STUBAI K32 & STUBAI K20 and no water container for STUBAI K8)
- Emergency kit (1x compress 10x10cm, 2x bandages, 2x gloves, 1x triangular bandage, 4x plasters, emergency whistle, blister plasters, survival blanket)
- Navigation watch loaded with the GPS track of the course you are running or, alternatively, a self printed route map or map stored on a mobile device.
- Mobile telephone with emergency telephone number saved into the phone in order to make emergency calls and inform the race organisers if you have to pull out of the race before reaching the finish (mobile phone must work abroad)
Don’t forget to also bring sun cream, oil-based skin cream to combat chafing, a pair of sunglasses, poles and plenty to eat and drink.