Parish church of Mieders <br>Church to Mary Birth
The oldest church in the Stubai Valley in Gothic style, was redone inside in Baroque style by Franz de Paula Penz from 1737 to 1739.
On the occasion of the interior restoration began in 1990, have been discovered ruins of an early Christian church from the early 8th Century.
Well visible is the beautiful, 53-meter high Gothic pinnacle. A document calles a church in Mieders already in 1348.
Anton Gigl, the famous "Stukkatore" who created the most beautiful Bandlwerk works at the Helblinhaus in Innsbruck Helblinghaus, cut the tender early Rococo stucco in the church interior. Jakob Jenewein 1739 painted the beautiful ceiling paintings. As the most precious work of art is the great chancel arch crucifix dating back to 1500, it counts among the most important crosses of North Tyrol.